Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Booties

Eliza Jane's Mommy mentioned that she was having a difficult time finding footwear for her little lady.  This flashed great memories in my brain - of knitting little booties for babies.
For the last several years it seemed that babies were being dressed like tiny adults - instead of the cute little baby clothes that were once popular.  With that trend, hand-knit baby items were not in demand and it had been years since I had endeavored to knit tiny things.  What a great opening for me!  I hunted through some un-packed boxes and found the old pattern pamphlet I had used those many years ago!  How fun!
Of course, I've posted pictures of my two favourites, but by the time I decided to quit making them....
... I had five little pairs of booties lined up along the edge of the coffee table.  What fun I had making them - and it was great to see the smile on Mary Beth's face when I handed the bag of booties to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment