Thursday, February 27, 2020

Day Three in the UK!

First Things First:  Thank you to our friend David who lives in the UK (more on that in a later post!) e-mailed me last evening to advise that the large building on the shores of the Thames (the last picture in the previous blog) is the British Houses of Parliament!  

Our trip to the UK just kept getting better!  After an early rise we boarded the bus again.  This time the bus stopped at....

...... did you guess?  YES!  Stonehenge!  I know it has been  diminished by time and tourists - but still - it made me catch my breath to actually be standing there!  
We couldn't get right up-close due to the deteriorating condition of the mysterious stones, touirsts are required to stay on a marked path - I didn't care!
There was no shortage of visitors - that's me in the white jacket - I was really there!
Of course, I had to get a picture of Poppa too!
But, all too soon, it was time to leave.  Back on the bus to our next stop....


.... another famous place - the Roman Baths in the city of Bath - of course!  Another stop at another place I had learned about, heard about, but never thought I would actually see!
This is the exterior - impressive!
The interior is equally captivating!
Old carved relics are numerous - and intriguing - and captivating!
And of course, there is the actual "bath"!  The water is constantly flowing and is quite warm.
The architecture is extremely picture-worthy - including the many statues!
These are stones used in the heating process - I'm not sure how, but the lower areas were full of these piles of huge rock!
And Poppa stood in line to buy me a souvenir at the gift shop!

1 comment:

  1. Eeeeeeeeeeeeee! Stonehenge! Did you see any manly red haired Scots? I know, wrong country and not where Jamie and Claire met but still...
    The Roman Baths are fascinating and much more extensive than I imagined. The statuary looks intriguing and even pigeons *g*. So what did Phil get you as a souvenir? This is all so interesting...

    ReplyDelete