Tuesday, January 24, 2017

So Much Has Happened....

...... since I posted last - I'm not sure where to start.  We arrived safely in Florida and had a good trip down as well as a couple of nights on the Atlantic coast - then made our way to our final destination.  But, I already told you all that!  Everything was good.... until I got a phone call from home to tell me that Aunt Peggy had been taken to hospital with pneumonia - double pneumonia.  I knew that was not good for someone who was almost 102 years old (March 14th).  She got out of the hospital and seemed to be doing much better - for a couple of days.  At that point, she got worse again and deteriorated quickly.  We flew back to Canada on January 14th and arrived at the Atrium about 20 minutes before she drew her last labored breath, which was about 7 minutes (or so) after we each took a turn talking to her.  Following that we had a flurry of things to attend to, and having completed as much as we could, we flew back to Florida on the 19th.  It feels like there is a missing part in our lives.  God Bless Aunt Peggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment