Thursday, July 12, 2018

Finally....

.... I have a few minutes to bring you a little bit more up-to-date.  I  finished this project about a month ago .....
... and sent if off to the person who wanted a hoodie!  She was quite pleased with it - but then it got too warm for a hoodie.  Oh well - she'll be able to wear it again in a couple of months.

Meantime, when Munchie was here visiting he asked if he could have a new blanket - and he said please - so I started.  His favourite colours are orange and blue.....
... and he loves stripes - but they are kinda boring to knit so I decided to do a stripey chevron pattern in those colours and added an off-white stripe to lighten it up.  The blanket had to be in the same kind of yarn I've been using for his blankets from the time he was born (October 10, 2008) and I think he must have at least nine blankets now - but they are too small -  they don't cover him from head to toe - he wanted a bigger one.  So I bought some Paint Box DK yarn from loveknitting.com.  It is really nice - vibrant colours, soft touch - perfect for a little boy's blanket!
 
Mommy was stopping in for a brief visit one day - so I went to get the blanket for him to check out. I had made it big enough to cover me from head to toe, so I thought he would be happy with it.
And, when I went to pick it up - out popped a little smiling face!  He's not nearly as big as me!  But he wanted it wider so when he stood up it would wrap all the way around him too.

I picked up my knitting needles again, and made four more strips.  I decided to offset the strips to make the blanket more interesting and this is the result.  
Taffy helped me sew on the border and fold the blanket.  I put it in a big plastic bag because Daddy was coming to pick up some things from our house.  Shortly after Daddy arrived back at Munchie's house I received.....
.... this photo!  I think the blanket is quite large enough for our little Munchie - and he looks happy to show me!  Gosh - his outfit matched the blanket!  

No comments:

Post a Comment