Wednesday, July 22, 2020

More Fun!

The next morning David took us to see....
Chatsworth Estate, which belong to the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire.  The Duchess is a direct descendent of the royals and this is her home!  I have some pictures - but I can't find them on my computer, so I will scan the printed copies and show you later.  It is beautiful and the gardens are so fantastic, I have to get the pictures for you!  Keep checking.  After a tour Chatsworth....
.... we stopped at this eating spot for a bite before heading out again.
This gentleman was at the checkout and I took a photo because he was so friendly and nice to "the Canadians"!  We had some time left and our host took us....
..... to do some sightseeing of places he was familiar with and wanted to share with us!
These are condos available on a luxurious plot of land....
 ..... we went for a stroll around, just to see the views....
..... which were beautiful!  If I lived in the UK, I might want to live here!  I think I am ahead of myself by a day, but I will post the next set of pictures in the next post!
This was "our" room while we stayed....
... and if I looked out our window at just the right moment - I could see this vehicle - does anybody know what kind of car it is???

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this post?!
    That's the first time in my life I've ignored the castle... er, Estate in a picture. Look at the dog!!!
    I thought for sure you were going to say you've purchased a holiday condo. It looks like lovely countryside in which to ramble.
    I only knew the kind of car for seeing the next post first. It looks fast.

    ReplyDelete