Saturday, August 8, 2020

The Last Couple of Days

 Have you ever watched a James Bond movie?  Do you remember him always driving an expensive little sports car?  Do you know what kind of car it was?

It probably looked a lot like this one!  It is an Aston Martin!  And....

..... I watched as it went up the road with David and Poppa inside!  Yes - it is another of David's cars (I think he likes them!).  They were gone for a few minutes.  When they got back...

... it was my turn!  Wow!  That was fun.  This is a delightful car and rides like a much larger vehicle!  It was a blast and, of course, very fast!  We had a wonderful scenic drive through the countryside and then returned home where......

...Poppa looked on (a little sadly) while David put the Aston Martin back in the garage.  Here are a couple of pictures I like which got missed in some prior blogs....

Poppa and David at the marina when we stopped for lunch.

Allison's newly renovated kitchen!  It is well planned, has wonderful appliances (I should have taken a better pic of the stove!) and a beautiful view out the window.


The boys and David's toys!  (The window above the garage is the room allocated to us while we were there.)

On our last day, Allison was home and we went to the Arboretum.  This was a gigantic park full of wonderful statuary and copious flower beds - all arranged artistically.  We rode on a little train in order to see it all.  Unfortuately this is the only....

.... picture I have. 😕

The next day it was off to the airport.  I want to take this opportunity to thank David and Allison.  They treated us, and we felt like, part of the family.  David drove us to the airport and we sadly waved good-bye as we rode the escalator to the boarding zone.  THANK YOU BOTH from Nanna and Poppa.

Just in case you have ever wondered what it looks like "above the clouds"...

.... I took this out the plane window especially for that reason... I will never forget this wonderful vacation!



1 comment:

  1. That certainly does look like a James Bond car.
    The kitchen is gorgeous. I love apron sinks. The view out the window is the icing on the cake!
    It has been an adventure following you along on your journey. I'm glad you had such good guides for this segment. I've enjoyed it so much I won't even whine about only one photo of the Arboretum ;). Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete