Monday, May 18, 2020

After Edinburgh....

........we began heading south, leaving Scotland and re-entering England.  Our first stop....
was near this building which was not open to the public - but very intriguing!
We parked the bus in the adjacent parking lot and got out for a stroll....
The gang headed towards this large rock...
 .... which let us know that we were .......
........ leaving Scotland and entering England!
We all stopped to read this information board....
.... and when we turned around - there was Hadrian's Wall!  It doesn't look like much now, but it goes on for miles from one coast to the other.  One of those things I learned about in school, but never dreamt I would see in real life!  Of course, I had to.....
.... get a picture of Poppa standing on it.  As you can see it has deteriorated over the several hundred years of its existence, but it still took my breath away to actually see it.  As I was explaining its ancient purpose to Poppa, he suggested....
.... that he get a photo of me standing there too - just to remind me that I was really there!  It goes on for miles as you can see in the first photo.  Some parts are in better shape than others, as you can also see in that photo.  But, nevertheless, here I am standing on a piece of history!  Amazing!

1 comment:

  1. If I had to leave Scotland, at least I'd be in England. I think it would be hard to leave either. Thank you for bringing them to me. How cool to get photos on Hadrian's Wall!

    ReplyDelete