Monday, May 18, 2020

Oh My Gosh!

My mother was a great fan of the British Royals and instilled a degree of this sentiment in all of her children - including myself!  So, imagine my delight....
... when we headed down towards the docks to visit.........
... the Royal Yacht Britannia..........gasp!
Of course, Poppa was interested in the Captain's area of the ship....
.... while I gazed out over the water and imagined the Queen looking at the same view!
There were a lot of rooms on this yacht and I can't remember the designation of them all.
I know this was the Queen's bedroom.
Prince Philip's bedroom - yes, they sleep in separate, but adjoining rooms - this is in case the Queen needs to conduct business when the Prince is sleeping.
A sitting room - where the royals gather to talk and relax.
The formal dining room - that about says it all.
One of the side tables displaying some of the decanters.
Another display of some beautiful silver pieces.
Another dining room - this one looks fancier - maybe the other one was the crew's dining room??  Can't remember, but you get the idea!
The office where any necessary official business takes place - or the Queen writes personal letters, or anything else office-related that needs to be done while she is not in port!
A private sitting room for relaxation if the weather doesn't permit outside relaxation.  Notice the little Corgi on the safa!  They were scattered in various locations throughout the yacht.
This is the formal sitting room, where heads of state and/or other V.I.P.'s sit when they are on the yacht.
Another sitting area which includes a lovely grand piano - not sure who plays it though.
More sitting space - looks ideal for knitting and/or reading - don't you think?
And - no ship would be complete without a bar - again -  notice the little corgi!

This is in the sick bay....yes, the Royal Yacht even has a sick bay!
Complete with an operating and/or dental chair.
The laundry room - complete with one of those big pressers for trousers!
And - last but not least - here is my Prince Phillip with the guard!  What a day!  (See the sign behind him?)

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! How cool! I love all the little Corgis scattered around. The poor little one in the sick bay *g*.
    Yes, I definitely think that lounge is an ideal reading space. Knitting too, I'm sure.
    How neat to see all through the ship. Thank you!
    I like that shot of your Prince Phillip with the guard.

    ReplyDelete