Sunday, February 6, 2011

For Granny

This is a post for Granny.  We went for a long walk recently - and I'm sure she will recognize the territory!  We started out and were lucky.  Someone was leaving and we got out the main gates.
 It appears that the large palm tree which used to be here did not survive last year's freezing and it has been replaced by this much smaller version.  But, the large palms at the main entrance are still there - as well as those poor little trees that they decapitate every year.
So, off we went with no place in particular on the agenda.  We found ourselves walking past this place....
Then we kept on going...down the road.....
...do you know where we decided to go Granny?  Can you recognize it yet?  It is one of your favourite places!  Not yet?  Ok then.  We kept on going to those lights, then found ourselves looking at this sign....
....and decided to stop for some onion rings!
Yes!  Your're right.  It is just over a mile to the Cracker Barrel, so we thought we should go in.  The visit was short, but tasty....and I was telling Poppa how Granny and I would sneak over there in the afternoon for a snack while Poppa and Gramps were playing golf....of course we usually drove over, but I never visit Cracker Barrel without thinking about Granny - I think it is one of her favourite places.  Did you enjoy the walk Granny?

I have finished the sox for Uncle Brian, but I'll hold off on posting the picture until he has received them...I don't want to spoil his surprise.  This means I have resumed knitting sillie sox for the next draw.  It will take a couple of weeks for me to create the four more pairs required for a decent choice to be available - I'll let you know via the blog when they are ready.  In the meantime, I finished this piece of lace....
....which is from Nicky Epstein's book "Knitting Over the Edge" and is called Molly's Lace.  Since then I have started another piece called Irish Lace, but I haven't got a picture yet..........I just started it this morning.

Yesterday and the day before, the temperature went up to 80+.  It was wonderful!  Squeegie took a book and went outside to read.  A few minutes later when I grabbed my book, I found him in my chair....
...fast asleep under one of his favourite books!

3 comments:

  1. Is Squeegie reading a crock pot book??? Too funny! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I too wondered if Squeegie would be cooking dinner that night.
    The lace is wonderful!
    The walk looks lovely. With a delicious ending, I gather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! It is familiar territory. OH!! My favorite place to go in the States. Lots of neat items still??

    ReplyDelete