Friday, October 10, 2008

October 10th, 2008


My first blog. My passion (or fetish depending on your definition) is Teddy Bears. Here is a pic of our little girl - Taffy. I will post a picture of her big brother in a later blog.

My first grandchild - a boy, Christopher Phillip, is now one week past due date. I hope he hurries - my daughter is getting anxious. Me too.

I have been knitting for him.........I will post pics if I can figure out how! Knitting is my most pervasive passion - has been for 40 years, since I started knitting for my first child.

Current projects : the teddy bear suit from Mary Maxim. It is knitted in soft, fuzzy yarn - I'll read the label tonight when I'm at home and let you know what it is. You can see the pattern at marymaxim.com ; a pair of birthday longies for a little girl in Tennessee.... pics soon.

I'm a retired person, who is still working. I actually retired for about two weeks. Then they asked if I would come in and do a bit of filing............sure I said! Well, that morphed into a full-time job. It's ok for now, but some day soon I'm really going to retire. Part-time would be perfect...we'll see what happens when I get back from Florida in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment