Friday, October 24, 2008

Back To Work

Yep...back to work yesterday. I wondered if I would remember what to do, but it all came rushing back. Funny the things you miss.....I opened my suitcase to unpack it, and I could smell the baby aroma wafting out at me. At work I kept getting a wiff of that same scent and realized the blouse I was wearing - although freshly laundered - must have a remnant of that precious little munchkin called Christopher still lingering there. I'm trying to figure out a good excuse to go for a visit already. Daughter called. Everything was going according to plan....she'd even had time for a nap.....I know she needed one!

I can't believe how much our little munchkin changed in that short week and a half that I was there! He was starting to smile and watch us...and I'm quite sure he recognized our voices. He was starting to stay awake for more than 10 minutes at a time and just loved his teddy bear mobile - he would smile and coo and watch intently - not even noticing that we were changing him at the same time. He learned to love his bath - and would stare intently and adoringly at his Dada while being washed. And of course, Momma was a standard in his life...he could sense her when she entered the room - and quickly decided she was the best thing in there! Squeegie was enthralled with the new baby, and fell in love with him as quickly as the rest of us.

Oh goodness - look at the time - gotta run and get dressed for work. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment