Thursday, October 20, 2011

Another Day

I know - you are all wondering where I've been!  Nowhere in particular.  Everything has been calm and normal - so there was nothing exciting to tell you!  This is a good thing.  Poppa is feeling better all the time and getting more like his normal self.  He still takes a day off every so often - so I know he's still a little below par!  He has been raking a lot of leaves and the other day we took the second trailer-load to the dump.  First we loaded them in the trailer....
...and then we loaded the bears into the truck...
..........it was a chilly, damp day as you can see - they both have their jackets on.  It was also a bit windy, and it is a good half hour drive to the dump, so we put a tarp over the leaves to keep them from flying out along the way.
Notice how nice Poppa's trailer looks now - he got it all painted up.  Also notice how nicely those eye-hooks worked for tying down the tarp.  But - the bottom line is............we took this load to the dump and I'm quite sure there are at least three more loads on the lawn as I type - but they'll have to stay there until it stops raining. And then, there are still a lot of leaves on the trees - and I'm sure they'll come down in the next cold spell!  My goodness - why did Poppa plant all those trees?  Hee!

I have a new Picture of the Day to share with you too!  The pictures aren't exactly coming every day like they used to - so I haven't had many lately - but I'm always pleased to get them when they do arrive - and this was belongs to my beloved Abandoned Series from Uncle Shaun....
..........Auntie Colleen calls it Abandoned Fishing.............I love it!

AND - I finally got some pictures from Mommy taken on the day of Munchie's birthday party.  Poppa and I missed it because it was during the time Poppa was recovering from meningitis, and I have been wanting pictures.  I scanned them all carefully and, although this one is not the clearest - I just love the expression on his little face when he managed to blow out all the candles on his cake....
....he had a lot of fun that day, getting help with his presents from Cousin Reese....
.....and opening them up....
........and trying them on.....
..........or trying them out.........
............oh my heavens - our baby is growing up so quickly!  Meanwhile, Aunt Melissa and Uncle Russ looked on....
........and Little Smiley, who had just had his own birthday, found it all a little boring....
....until Mommy brought him some birthday cake!
Where was Daddy you ask????  Well he was busy doing that Daddy-thing!  You know.....
........following the "easy assembly" instructions to get the new toys up and working!  Have fun Daddy!  Happy Birthday Munchie!

1 comment:

  1. Calm and normal can be a great thing!
    I'm sorry you missed Munchie's Birthday. But photos are the next best thing. It looks like it was fun.
    Okay, Phil was right: the trailer looks classy in black.

    ReplyDelete