Sunday, October 9, 2011

Where is Nanna?

Hi everyone - this is Taffy.  When I came downstairs on Thursday morning, this is what I found....
....Nanna's light is on, her computer is running, but her chair is empty!  I guess I'd better look for her!  I went for a walk with Poppa past this house where the grass was covered with frost....
...........can you see it?  It is starting to get very chilly during the night now - so when we wake up there is frost on the lawns and the roofs.  Poppa says the frost encourages the leaves to turn into their fall colours....
...........aren't they pretty?  But, during the day it gets lovely and warm.  Poppa is starting to get his energy back now and he has been keeping busy!  I found Squeegie watching while.....
.........what is Poppa doing now?  I looked out the window and saw this thing outside.....
....what is that Squeegie?  Since Squeegie is a boy, he knows more about stuff like that....
...........he explained that it is a compressor.  Somehow or other, I'm not sure I understood, but anyway...it makes Poppa's air hammer work, it looks like this......
.........it makes it very easy to put nails into things.  Poppa used it to....
......put the trim around the doors in the basement hallway..........and then the next day he used it again.....
............to put some baseboard out there too!  Gosh that hallway is starting to look really nice.  The next day, he started another project.....
...........while Squeegie and I looked on.  After he had a rest while the paint dried, he went back into the house......
..........and started using various tools to work around the closet at the bottom of the stairs......it took quite a while but when he was finished.....
............Squeegie sat back to admire it and proclaimed it finished and wonderful.  Now we can't see all that miscellany of stuff in there!  Poppa was quite pleased with himself and felt so good about his accomplishments over the last three days...........
.........that he took Squeegie and went outside to BBQ some steaks for our supper.  I decided it was definitely time that I found Nanna, so she could help me with the vegetables - so I went on a serious hunt, calling her name and searching through the house.  Imagine my surprise, when I found her at the bottom of the stairs...........
......admiring the new closet door!  And that's what's been happening for the last few days.  Poppa is feeling better each day and slowly getting back to his normal self - I'm so glad!   And Nanna is back in her chair doing more knitting.....
........and all is well with my world.  So, I'll talk to you all later....
..........thanks for reading.  Bye for now - Taffy.

1 comment: