Friday, October 14, 2011

Still Falling

I'm back!  For some reason my laptop is not interacting properly with Blogger and I cannot see pictures in any blogs - not even the one I get via e-mail.........and yet I can see them just fine on my old desktop computer - go figure.  So, the leaves are still falling and autumn is still imminent.  The roses are fading....
......the begonias are beginning to droop.....
.......the last of the tomatoes are really tiny.........but one is actually promising to turn red.....
..........and as I headed towards the front of the house I noticed.....
.........Squeegie, sitting on the car staring off into the distance......so I looked around to see what he was looking at...........
........it turns out that Poppa was over there with his leaf blower.  Hmmm.   I returned to the front yard to find that autumn is an excellent time of year for the marigolds.....
........they are looking better than they did all summer!  Poppa has been working away on the basement stairway and it is looking nicer all the time....
......I headed back to the yard to see what Squeegie and Poppa were up to out there and found.....
..............Squeegie helping his little sister to climb up the pile of leaves that Poppa had rounded up.  It wasn't long before they were both up to their necks.....
.......meanwhile Poppa had worked after supper to finish the stairs........from the top....
...........it looks like this, and from the curve in the stairs looking down.....
..........you see this.  All done now and looking great.  Poppa is so talented!  Today it is raining outside and Poppa took Squeegie out to do some yardwork ..........
.........so they both put their raincoats on.  Cute aren't they?  Taffy stayed inside with me to help with the household chores.....
.....which we did hurriedly, so we would be able to write this blog!

1 comment: