Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Oh Gosh!

I was talking to Mommee on the phone this morning.  She is coming with Coogie and Munchie for a visit - tomorrow!!!  Whee!  Anyway, I thought I'd better tell you about my visit with them last week - before they get here for the next visit!  I stayed home on Monday  to give them a chance to recover from the weekend, and Monday evening Poppa took me to their house.

When we arrived we found Daddee sitting with both boys.  Coogie was a little fussy and Munchie thought that a soother should help.
The next morning Daddy went to work and the day flew by - in fact the time passed so quickly that I forgot to take many pictures!  We went to the grocery store and picked up a few things for supper - which was quite interesting with a wailing infant and an adventurous toddler!  But we managed.  That night after supper we thought we could see some resemblance between these two boys....
....as Daddy once more took a few minutes to visit with his newest son.   Soon Munchie was ready for bed.  He grabbed Squeegie (and tried to get my camera!) and headed off to his crib for the night.

Next morning we were up bright and early.  Coogee thought that when he grew up he would like to be a professional tourist for one of those travel shows on TV - so he donned his Hawaiian shirt and a tiny pair of shorts.
And, after some considerable thought and a lengthy contemplation about the clothes in his drawer, Munchie decided to reconsider one of his earlier career ambitions - and put on his giraffe outfit in anticipation of a zookeeper position.
Here he is loading the zoo visitors into the bus for a tour through the wild animal section.  When the tour was done, Mommee sat with her two little boys and watched Toopy.
Then, a little later, after Munchie had a nap, we headed over to Costco to get some staples that Mommy needed.  This trip was less stressful than the grocery store, since we convinced Munchie to ride in the shopping cart - this was easier since, Coogie was riding in the large part!  Unfortunately I didn't grab my camera when we were leaving, so I couldn't get a picture of our trek!

Once again it was soon time to get to bed - since Poppa was coming to get me in the morning.  Wow - time flies when you are busy with little people!

Knitting report:  I finished the last piece of lace I was working on and started another one from the Nicky Epstein book, Knitting On The Edge.  This one is called  - fittingly enough - Baby Tears.
And, in an effort to create something to replace that favourite blankie of Munchie's, I started a blankie in the same colour scheme, hoping it will be accepted before the old one is totally shredded.  I'm hoping you can see the detail on the blankie - I'm sure none of you will be surprised to see the pattern I chose.
The pattern is called Teddy Bear Merino 5 Baby Blanket from Crystal Palace Yarns.  Since it is absolutely critical that this blankie be very washable, I am using Bernat Baby Sport yarn, which comes in conveniently large skeins for making blankies and afghans.    I am working in shades of blue and green with some white added in - partly to try to match the colours in the old blankie and partly because that is what I had in my stash.  It's hard to see the detail in the photo.  When the blankie is finished I should be able to get a better angle.  Right now it is attached to two large skeins of yarn and therefore not very pose-able!

The exciting news on the knitting front is that I got an e-mail from a contact in New York state whom I hadn't heard from since 2005!  She is having her fourth grandchild (a boy!) and wondered if I could make a layette for her.  The yarn is ordered and I am hoping to receive it shortly!  The baby is due in October - so the sooner that yarn arrives the better!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! That lace is beautiful. I lovelovefloveflove it!
    I'm really pleased about your US order.
    I didn't know the last blanket was in peril! Good that a new one is on the way.
    What a busy visit and great photos. There certainly is a father/son resemblance. That's a great photo.

    ReplyDelete