Monday, September 20, 2010

Inside The Box

OK - here is what was inside that box.
Now you're all saying "oh - I should have guessed!"  Right?  Hee!  This is Plymouth Yarns Dreambaby DK yarn in baby blue to use for the project I mentioned in my previous blog, for my friend in New York.   This yarn is soft and snuggly and perfect for little people.  It is also nice to work with and one of my favourite yarns for baby projects.  The only problem I have with it, is that it seems to be difficult to get.  I had a hard time finding a source with sufficient yarn for this whole project - and am still awaiting the arrival of the contrasting cream colour for the trim.  I have received notification that it has been shipped and am expecting it any day now.....which is good since at this point I almost have the blanket finished...here is what it looked like a couple of days ago.

This is the beginning........there is a lovely wide border to be added..........I'm quite pleased with it so far.  This part is almost finished now...........so on to the rest of the layette.........I love new projects!  Oh, and by the way Auntie Colleen - I have put the lace on hiatus for now....but only until this blue layette is finished............I always love the lace!

1 comment:

  1. I seriously, seriously adore this design. I love giraffe motifs for little ones.
    Perfectly understandable about the lovely lace.

    ReplyDelete