Monday, August 29, 2011

Moving and Knitting Along

I think we finally have all the furniture moved.  We still need pictures for the new room - but it is lovely and spacious and comfy!
This is the sitting area for company - since Poppa and I both have our own chairs...you can see my computer sitting there in front of my chair.  But, you can also see that we need some pictures on the walls and some curtains for the window.  I am working on that curtain now, since we couldn't seem to buy any the proper length.  For my sisters - see the piano stool from the farmhouse underneath the lamp???  So, finally we are not moving any more furniture!  Hurray for that!

So, finally I can get back to some productive knitting.  Aunt Muffy was the last scarf recipient.  Taffy was sooo tired of knitting scarves that she decided to chill out for a while in Poppa's chair.
Meanwhile, I got started on another project.  Aunt Becky had a special request for my knitting list.
She and Whitey both work for the power company in their state...and therefore work out of doors all year round.  Needless to say it can be very cold in the winter!  She asked me if I could make a hat to cover her ears, that she could wear under her hard hat, some mittens with flaps to let fingers out if needed, and a long scarf to cover her neck and keep her face warm on windy days.  So, while Taffy was lolligagging around, watching TV - I was knitting.  The scarf isn't finished yet, but here are the hat and mittens.
The colour in this picture is lousy, but I'll try to get a better one when it is finished.  She wanted yellow to match her hard hat - I think it's pretty close.  And, while I was working on curtains - pressing and pinning to make them the correct size - I took a couple of minutes to pin some other items.......
This is that little doilie I made last winter while I was in Florida.  As it turned out, my lunch plates were the perfect size to block it on.  The red lace looks like this ....
And here is the little doilie (7-1/2") after I applied a hint of starch to make it crisp.....
I can't wait to see what kind of creation Auntie Colleen comes up with to use it!

1 comment:

  1. The room looks big and bright!
    Poor Taffy. Glad she got some rest.
    The lace and doilies are truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete