Monday, August 22, 2011

The Room

Okay, so Poppa & I looked around for a reasonably priced seating arrangement for our new room in the basement.  While browsing on Kijiji we found this love seat.......
.........and a matching sofa.  We both really like it and thought the colours would be great in the new room, since the walls are plain beige........perfect! we thought and on Saturday Poppa went and brought it home in the back of his truck.  Kev-Inn kindly came over and helped to bring it into the house.  They carefully lugged the love seat down the stairs to the basement and placed it in the exact spot we wanted - where it fit perfectly.  Loved it.  Okay - now they will bring the sofa down.........or NOT!  The sofa is so large that it won't fit through the door at the top of the stairs.  Poppa had measured the door at the bottom and determined that it would fit ... but neither of us thought about the door at the top.  Oh Dear!  What to do!  Well...here is my new knitting station....
..........and here is Poppa's new chair position.....
.........I didn't get a picture of the other wall yet...but you can see the ends of our old sofa and chair which has been in our living room for 28 years.  I had to laugh when I was explaining all this to Mommee.  She thought it was a wonderful thing and mentioned "it's about time you actually USED that sofa anyway".  Yes, it has been in our living room for 28 years and has only been used when we have large amounts of company.....you know, Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving.  So now it will get some use - for sure!  The room is still very basic, but it is a treat to be in the much larger space during our leisure time.  I'll get more pictures once it is more properly arranged and we have pictures on the bare walls!  Here is the long wall...........
........and Squeegie & Taffy have their very own chair............
.......which is right next to Poppa's chair - so Squeegie can share his snacks and his beer!  Hee!  I am currently reading this book..............
..........I'm quite sure that the artist designed the cover to coordinate with the bookmark that Auntie Colleen made for me!  For any of you who have not discovered this author and his "Jack Reacher" series of novels.......I highly recommend them.  If you like mystery and suspense and an enduring hero, you will like these books, they are extremely well written and I can't get enough of them.

As I mentioned in the previous blog, the scarves are ready.........
.....and the pictures have gone to Auntie Colleen.  Last I heard she was having some difficulty choosing one.  I told her no hurry, since I don't think it will be cold enough for a scarf for a while yet. Now..........are you wondering what became of the big sofa that wouldn't fit down the stairs????  Here you go.....
......what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great in your iiving room. Its always nice when you change things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the new sofa and loveseat. Too bad they had to be split up but they both really work where they ended up.
    I want to see each part of the room... like one wall after the other. Just so I can put it all together. Not to be a pest or anything. Really.
    Glad Squeegie and Taffy got their own chair.
    Thanks for the book recommendation. You know how I love to read. And yes, doesn't that bookmark look like it was made for that book! hee.

    ReplyDelete