Sunday, November 3, 2013

On The Needles..........

.......... there has been quite a bit of stuff.  After I finished the red vest..........
... and gave it to Liz at the family reunion, I got busy on a project that I had promised to make for Munchie - quite a while ago.  You've already had a glimpse..............
.......... of the new Buster.  Munchie wanted him to be blue with a red tail.  I complimented the red tail by adding a red nose and red ears.  Squeegie took good care of the new Buster while he was waiting to be delivered to Munchie.........
.... and carefully tucked him into a blanket each night so he would stay warm.  Once the new Buster had been delivered, I moved on to my next project...........
.... which was to make each of the little boys a nice Aran sweater..........here are the finished products.  The colours don't show up to their best advantage.  I finished Curtie's chocolate brown sweater in the hotel room before we went to their place for Thanksgiving - and I only had my little camera - so this was as good as I could get.  Munchie's sweater is actually the same colour as the new Buster.  Mommy has promised to get a picture of the little boys wearing them............needless to say - I'm still waiting!  When we returned home after that weekend I go busy working on another request I had received from a friend of ours...............
.......... years ago she acquired one of these neckwarmers and periodically asks for more.  I was happy to make them up for her - they are quick and fun to make!  Then, on to the next thing.  When the new Buster arrived at Munchie's house - he gave Poppa the old Buster to come and stay at our house.  When I checked him out, I decided he just needed to have a total makeover.  I should have taken a before picture, but didn't think of it until it was too late.  Poppa was kind enough to remove the big blue eyes so they could be re-used and then I started.  I still had some of the same yarn so I decided to re-make the whole bear.  I shortened his body a little and made his arms a little shorter so that.........
.... he would fit perfectly into his Hallowe'en costume!  He looks a little bit scary doesn't he!  Here he is without the suit..........
..... and here is a shot ............
........from another angle to show off his new tail!  Now that old Buster has been rejuvenated, I have embarked on a project designed to use up some of my stash yarn.  A couple of friend have donated some yarn to my stash, and more recently Granny was kind enough to give me a bag of yarn as well.  When we were visiting Mommy she mentioned that she was using an old blanket of Munchie's to keep her warm in the evening, so I thought I would make her a bigger blanket to use.  Once I started...........
..... Poppa thought it would make a nice addition to his bed on chilly winter nights..........so we'll have to see who gets this one.......I would love to make another one anyway ..... this is a fun pattern!  I'm already working on ideas for another one - you know - similar, yet different!  I'm going to be quite busy for the next couple of weeks as Kev-Inn is on vacation for two weeks - he is out hunting for deer.  He sent me a couple of interesting pictures and I will try to post them for you soon.  Squeegie is sitting.........
........... in Poppa's chair tonight.  He is missing Poppa who has gone to Munchie's house to help Daddy with a couple of chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment