Thursday, January 17, 2019

Knitting, Bears, Etc.

I have a bunch of random pictures to show you....
... this one goes way back to the time when Auntie Colleen used to post "the pic of the day".  Uncle Shaun would snap pics of empty coffee cups in unlikely places .. and recently I couldn't resist this one of the coffee cup among the cleaning supplies!
I think I showed you this one before - but it is one of my favourites!  Taffy is teaching Maggie about life at our house.
Here is the finished outfit from the end of my last blog - it will be heading to the hospital soon.
I'm not sure where this one is going yet.  Aunt Jeannie's friend would like to buy two outfits, so I made four - to give her a choice.  This is the first one.
I got this nice fruit bowl for Christmas.  Usually it is full of nice apples and pears with bananas hanging on the hook.  But Squeegie decided it was just the right size for him to sit in while he watched Poppa doing jigsaw puzzles.
I also got this handy little chicken who holds my spoon so it isn't making a drippy mess someplace - the picture isn't very clear, but it really works!
This is another outfit for the hospital gift shop.  This pattern is called "leaf and lace".  It is one of my favourites because it looks so fancy, but is so easy to knit!  I had lost track of it over the years, but found it in an older book that Granny Maureen sent me - thank you Granny!
This is a rather blurry shot of the workers at the garden apartments.  They are replacing those outdoor stairs that lead to the second and third floor.  They look so much nicer than the old ones!  I took the picture through the screen door at the front - hence the lack of clarity!
This little coat and hat were for a staff member at Aunt Jeannie's place - lots of fancy stitches and cables - took quite a while to make, but I was quite pleased with the end result (except for the shadow of the camera!).
This sweater and beret were made for the same little girl.  Her Mom showed me a photo of her little sweetie wearing it - and it looks a lot cuter on the baby than it does in this picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment