Friday, April 2, 2010

Drawing Near..

The time is drawing near for us to vacate the villa and the warm climate of  Florida to head north to our home and native land.  It is going to be 86F here today.  Poppa is doing some last minute cleaning while I write this.  I will do some last minute packing when I am finished here.  Then, we will grab some lunch and head out to the pool, and there we will spend our last few hours of leisure in the land of the star-spangled banner.

It will be too bumpy to work on knitted lace in the car......so I will concentrate on socks.  It will also be too inconvenient to work on silly socks, since that requires working with two balls of yarn at once and there just isn't enough space to juggle them and keep track of them in the car.  Hence, I will work with the yarn that Auntie Smiley and Auntie Denise chose when they were here.  I closed my eyes and reached into the bag - and - Auntie Smiley's yarn came out, so I will start with it.  In the meantime, here is the collection of silly socks which are completed and ready.  The blue ones are for Kev-Inn, the green ones are for Auntie Colleen.......the turquoise ones have not yet been designated to anyone.
The knitted lace is coming along too.  The Dundee lace is finished and measured off at about 20" when I cast off.  It is one of my personal favourites so far, but may be a little wider than Auntie Colleen usually works with at about 2-1/2".  It looks like this....

Of course, I started some narrower, un-named lace since I finished the Dundee lace.  It is only about 1" deep..and it is already about 30" long.  I didn't intend for it to be that long - I thought I was really close to the end of that spool of crochet cotton - which was why I chose the narrow pattern.  However, it turns out that there was a lot more cotton on that spool than I thought and the piece of lace just keeps growing.

So much for the creative update.  Now it's time for lunch and the pool.  Later.................!

OK - so now it is almost supper time....we are going out since we don't want to dirty the kitchen or any dishes....besides we have eaten up all the food!  But.....a couple of hours ago (at least) I headed out to the pool area to read and catch some rays until I was really hot - so the pool would feel really good.
It wasn't long before Poppa joined me out there.
After we had read our books until we felt like we were quite well-done, we checked to make sure the lifeguard was awake, alert and on duty.

And then we headed into the pool.  At this point, Poppa will wave Bye-Bye since the next time I post we will be on our way home.

Now, I've gotta run.  It's supper time and the bears are patiently waiting.

See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. The lace is gorgeous. The Dundee is exquisite, it appeals to my heritage. The other is so pretty too. I look forward to adding them into my creations.
    Ohhhh, like those socks. hee. Love the green colour.
    I'm glad you've had such a good winter there in the sunny South. And timing is excellent as you are coming back to beautiful weather here too and absolutely no snow.

    ReplyDelete