Thursday, July 24, 2014

And so on....

,,,,,,,,, it goes.  We've been doing our usual things.  Poppa.....
........... has been washing his truck - notice how he has to stand on a little stool to reach all the way across the roof.  He has recently discovered.....
......... that he now needs the stool to reach the roof of our new vehicle too!  Nevertheless, both vehicles are looking shiny and clean now.  Of course,
................ he has been out with Squeegie cutting grass, and they have been golfing each morning.  Taffy....
............ has been spending a LOT of time on the phone.  She was supposed to be helping me with Auntie Colleen's blanket!  Eventually .......
........... she got tired and was using Snout for a pillow, until Squeegie noticed and informed her in no uncertain terms, that Snout was NOT a pillow!  As for me.....
.............. I'm always looking for a yarn I've only met online, but I'm also happy with the yarn in the store!  This is obvious....
........ when you take a look at Auntie Colleen's blanket which is taking shape nicely (Taffy actually did get off the phone long enough to help me assemble it.  I am working now on the edging and the finishing to make it special enough for a special person!  It measures about 41" x 75" and is entirely made with leftovers from my yarn stash.  Strangely I really can't notice much of a difference in the yarn closet though - weird hey?  It is also rather apparent when you take a look at.....
... Lucy's dishcloths which were also pieced together with parts of skeins from my cotton drawer.  Auntie Melissa also asked for some, and Mommy wanted a bunch.  More pictures once those gals have received theirs.  I also have..........
............ a few odd looking little pieces which will soon be Munchie's newest bear.  He seems to have a never-ending desire for these critters!  Or - for that matter - anything else he can think of to get me knitting for him instead of other people.  Speaking of Munchie - he is coming with the rest of his family to visit us for a couple of days!  They are heading further north for a little vacation and stopping here for a couple of days on their way!  So, I'd better get busy and finish that bear - whose name, I've been told, is going to be Friend - since he will be a friend and a brother for Buster.  Of course, besides all this knitting....
......... I did manage to catch up on the latest news on CNN and squeeze in a bit of cleaning too!  Here is a newer picture of Auntie Colleen's blanket...
......... you can see I've added a row on the bottom.  I'll get back to it as soon as I finish Friend off.  I don't think she needs it quite yet anyway, it has been very warm lately........
....... Gus couldn't resist the call of the cool water - besides Uncle Shaun threw a stick away out there, he had to go and get it ... didn't he???  I love the tail sticking up out of the water!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment