Monday, August 25, 2014

Mostly Knitting.....

.....is what's been happening - aside from the normal stuff like cleaning, cooking and laundry.  As you know, I have been working on Munchie's new blanket.............
........ which is partially assembled, but still needs some work.  But - when the weekend comes and Poppa is busily trudging in and out and asking me questions and inquiring if I want to go into town with him, Aunt Peggy is coming out for supper, we are having breakfast after church and doing our grocery shopping - it is more difficult to spread out a blanket which is approximately 48" x 42" in order to make nice flat seams - well - I look for something smaller to work on.
I had started these socks for Mildred (Kev-Inn's Mom) ages ago and was using them as a mobile project for instances when my "on-the-needles" project was to large to tote around.  So I took advantage of the weekend to....
........ finish them off.  The colours are much better in this picture.... the other one is taken under one of those curly light bulbs, which emit terrific light for knitting, but rather nasty light for photography!  They are made with Paton's Kroy FX - but I don't have the label and I'm not sure of the name for the colorway.  I used a bit of leftover sock yarn to add some accent stripes just for the effect.  I'm quite pleased with them.  I hope she likes them too!
And, since I got the socks done on Saturday.............I dragged this out.  Many, many years ago I made this bulky-knit sweater for Uncle David - from a Mary Maxim kit.  Several years ago he gave it back to me.  The collar was white and over the years had become discolored - as collars tend to do!  We were in the middle of a move from our old house to this one, and the sweater got packed away safely - very safely.  I had forgotten all about it!  However, while cleaning out my yarn closet recently, I re-discovered it and decided (since we've been in this house more than 20 years!!!) that it was past time to fix that collar.  So I removed the original white collar and decided to ...............
........... make the new one from one of the colours in the fish - since (believe it or not!) I still had some of that yarn in my bulky bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment