Saturday, December 19, 2015

The Answer....

.... to the burning question is:

Auntie Cecile had a Dyson Stick (cordless broom) and a Roomba (lucky girl!).  One Tuesday when we were having lunch she mentioned them both and said that neither of them was working properly.  She followed this up by mentioning that she had replaced both of them.  Then she asked if Poppa would like to see if he could get them working properly - if he could then I could have them.  So, of course, I said yes.  A couple of days later, there was Auntie Cecile at the door with the two items of interest.  Naturally, Poppa being Poppa, he was intrigued with these two dysfunctional pieces of equipment and....
............. his first item on the agenda was to decompose the poor things into a gazillion pieces, which seemed to multiply....
.... every time I stopped to take a look.  He cleaned all the different, little pieces and reconstructed them both back to normalcy.  I ordered new batteries for each of them and packages of filters from Amazon.  As soon as the batteries and filters arrived (about 4 days later), he inserted them into the machines and....
.......... we checked them out to ensure that they were working properly.  Above is Roothie busily eating crumbs from the kitchen floor.  Since then I have assigned her to the carpeted areas and....
......... the best invention ever for sweeping dust, crumbs and miscellaneous stuff from tiled, hardwood and most importantly stairs has been put in charge of those areas.  Broomie (the dear, delightfully lightweight Dyson cordless electric broom) now has....
....... her own storage space, where she is easily accessible for quick cleanups or larger projects!  Thank you Auntie Cecile and thank you Poppa - my housecleaning tasks just got a lot easier!  In fact, yesterday I gave my old upright vacuum to Auntie Denise for her new apartment - I don't need it any more!  Since I posted that last knitting blog - with more time to spare on cleaning days - I have....
.......... finished the bluebird mittens for Auntie Colleen, and....
.... a pair of socks for a friend.    When they were done, I made......

..... a couple of narwahls for Auntie Colleen.  The pattern for the narwahls and the bluebird mittens were both available at Ravelry.com - I will give you more information in my next post.  Since it isn't long until we leave for Florida, I have just been experimenting with some of my stash and am working on a large blanket for Kevin's Mom.  I promised I would make her one when they were in Florida in 2013, so it seemed like a good thing to do.  Of course I won't get it done before next Saturday when we head south, so I will finish it in April of 2016 - gosh - she's having to wait a long time for that blanket - hopefully the winter in Canada won't be too cold!  On another note.....
.......... remember that figure in the fog - guess who it was!  I got to meet the A&W Root Bear up close and personal - and he was kind enough to pose with me for a photograph!  Isn't he cute?  Almost as cute as....
............ my own bears - lined up here waiting for Poppa to get his coat on.  And....
....... Poppa took a few minutes one day to hang up my Beary Merry Christmas wreath on our front door to greet guests when they come!  And........ we did have more company - but I'm out of time now, gotta run - more in the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment