Friday, July 17, 2009

Updates at the Front

Aside from the finishing touches, the work at the driveway side of our front entrance is completed. All the levelling levelled, all the bricks carefully placed, all the sand swept in and misted. I am quite pleased with the results and am looking forward to getting the accessories there to compliment all Poppa's hard work.

I heard from Auntie Cecile last evening, that Granny and Gramps are coming to our city this weekend, so I'm going to try and hurry these socks along so I can give them to Granny while she is here. We were hoping to get down to her place for a visit this summer, but time is flying away and it is looking less likely to happen all the time............so it will be nice to have the opportunity to see her and pass along a new yarn project.

Our visit to Munchie yesterday was brief but fun. He went with Poppa to the park where they practised playing in the sand. Munchie is going to visit Gramma next week - so he will be able to play in the sand on the beach - and now he has practised with Poppa in the sand at the playground area in the park. He seemed entranced with that funny stuff and loved motoring around getting it in all his clothes and between his toes. He had a good time and got tired out. When we got back to his house he had a drink and went for a nap.

Auntie Colleen has been out with her camera again and captured this specimen. She has told me that this is the thorniest rose in her garden, which is probably true, but it is certainly beautiful and as usual, she has captured it in a fascinating way, which draws our attention to the perfection of the rose. Roses are my favourite flower of all time - I think because Poppa often sent me roses in the olden days when we were dating. Of course, he did work at a garden centre/flower shop/pharmacy - which probably made it easier for him to think of sending me roses - but oh my, how I loved to get them.

2 comments:

  1. Whow! what a cutie...a handsome little grandson there Nanna. Trissy just came in...and spotted Poppa right away...and asked if it was indeed him. The front of your place is beautiful! What a great job Poppa has done! And what nifty socks. Granny will indeed be pleased with those! Thanks Nanna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job on the front entranceway. I'm most impressed!

    What pretty socks. They look perfect for the recipient.

    I also love the shot of Poppa and Munchkin. I'd like to see it bigger.

    ReplyDelete