Friday, July 24, 2009

Bulletin!!!!!!

Newsflash! I have just received an e-mail from Munchkin. While he was on vacation at the shores of Lake Erie (Gramma's house), he discovered a whole new area to explore with a future vocation in mind. Hopefully this will discourage the notion of joining those beer-drinking Chippendales, while still enabling him to show off his fine physique and drawing admiring glances from all the girl babies on the beach (not to mention all the grandparents - hee!). He cautiously crept into Gramma's pool and began his first swimming lesson in preparation for tryouts for the lifeguard team at the local beach. He wasn't sure about all the water at first, but soon adapted and gamely gave it his best shot. Mummum hovered about worrying, but all was well and he is deciding whether or not he will pursue it further.

Squeegie's favourite day of the week is Twooney Tuesday because he can get his favourite food that day and get change back from his allowance! Just to demonstrate how much he loves that particular food choice - here he is last Tuesday. We picked it up and drove home. He dashed through the door ahead of all of us and by the time I caught up to him, he had already opened the box to see if he needed to add any salt or ketchup before he dug in.

My irises are all done for this year, but I wanted to share this picture of one of my favourite flowers in Poppa's park. I took it when this bloom was at its prime and re-discovered the photo while I was browsing through this year's pictures to see what I could move to a disc to avoid using up all my hard drive with pictures. I can't remember what colour they called it on the package when we bought them, but I love the contrast of the light and dark colours in one bloom.


Our weather has been rather dismal lately with a lot of overcast days and intermittent rain. The temperature has been agreeable though - only a couple of hot, humid days - most of the days are comfortable. But, it does tend to create a somewhat gloomy atmosphere overall and we look forward to some sun. However, the gloom can be used to advantage for a discriminating photographer. Uncle Shaun captured this image at our local park. It encapsulates the prevalent conditions excellently and I don't need to explain more than that!

1 comment:

  1. That Iris is absolutely gorgeous. If it ever needs dividing, I know where some of the children can go.

    hee. I'm glad Squeegie enjoys Twooney Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete