Sunday, July 26, 2009

Back to the Good..

Hurray! Great-Gramma had improved sufficiently to return home today. They sent her from the hospital around 10am this morning. We didn't get over there today - since we heard that she was having lots of company.... I'm guessing everyone was glad to hear she was home again so soon. In her honour, I am posting a picture of the red roses in my rose garden (albeit a very small one).


Poppa was busy over at Aunt Peggy's house today, getting things ready for that new furnace - which is supposed to be installed on Tuesday. I had to hold a light so that he could see up between the rafters to determine the perfect place for the gas line to come in so that it didn't touch any wires...........he disappeared up there for a short time but came back down intact and ready to get his drill drilling. After a short time the mission was declared accomplished and we headed home again. We just beat a storm which blew in and the thunder rumbled around for a long time. Aunt Peggy phoned and said the power had been off at her place immediately after a particularly loud thunder clap, but it was back on again by the time she called.


I have been knitting away here, without posting any news about the needles. That's because I hadn't taken any pictures. So I snapped a quick one today. Here is the second circle sweater in progress. That red is really burgundy, and the stripe that looks pink, is actually a rose colour. But since the day was overcast (aka "dark and stormy"), the lighting was not the best and the flash on the camera skewed the colours to some degree. At this point, while it is jammed onto my 40" circular needle, it looks more like a toque for a giant, but it will look like a sweater eventually. About the first circle sweater...... it was given to a particularly worthy recipient... I am trying to coerce a picture from that person, but to date, have had no success. Hmmmm.


After Munchkin got out of the pool, he went for a stroll along the beach. In the back of his mind, was the reports we hear about our Great Lakes being a valuable asset, in danger of being damaged by pollution hazards. He decided to try his hand at being an environmentalist and check out the seaweed and the water personally and up close. According to the reports I got, he found both to be quite good. I'm not sure that Mummum quite agreed with his methods of testing though, and I believe she scooped him up and took him back to dryer territories.


Poppa has been enjoying the Abandoned Series of photographs and spied this specimen while we were out for a walk one day and insisted that I snap a picture for you. I'm not sure it quite demonstrates abandonment as much as suitable disposal, but he really liked it.

1 comment:

  1. What good news about Great-Gramma! And what lovely roses in her honour.

    Yes, yes... I'm certain a circle photo will appear ... soon.

    Bwah to the addition for the Abandoned Series. Love it.

    ReplyDelete