Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Good Morning

Quick note to let you know all is well. I am working every day this week, so don't have as much time as I would like to post blogs. Mama and Munchie are away visiting Gramma. I heard briefly from Mama yesterday and she said they are having a good time and it is very nice on the shores of Lake Ontario. However, no pictures this week at all, and I didn't remember to ask if her computer was getting fixed while she was on vacation. I finished Granny's socks, but haven't gotten a picture yet of the pair of them. I'll post it "soon". In the meantime, I thought I would share this picture that Uncle Shaun took. He didn't disclose the location of these feathered friends, but Auntie Colleen did tell us that they are pileated woodpeckers and that it is rare to find one out for public view, never mind a mother and son together. So.... we are lucky to get this shot and the chance to see Woody Woodpecker with his mother. When I was a little girl, my father took great pleasure in mimicking the Woody Woodpecker noise (with great skill, I might add) to amuse us. Fond memories!

1 comment: