Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Impending Visit

Recently, Poppa has undertaken a rather large task - ie.- cleaning up the basement, so he can start working on the rec room/living room/TV room down there.  In order to create a space for some of the random objects dropped in that space (it was so easy to drop everything there - the space was large), he decided to build some shelves in the furnace room.  Squeegie wanted to help, but since the cutting of the boards created a great deal of sawdust, and since Squeegie really doesn't like to take baths, he donned a plastic bag to keep himself and his clothes clean, and waddled into the furnace room to lend a helping paw.  Here they are fastening the support onto the wall... Squeegie held it perfectly level so Poppa could put the screws in to make it strong enough to hold bins of yarn and/or pictures and/or other miscelleaneous stuff that we just can't throw away.

In the meantime, I have been at work.  It was inventory time last Friday, so we all worked late to get it finished up.  Here is my tiny space.  Since I am actually a retired person, I get the little area that is officially a spare work station.  Mumma works at an office supply and design company, and she always gets a giggle from my antiquated desk and environment.  I heard a rumour that the office is going to get a make-over during the Christmas break.  So, I decided I should get some shots of what it looks like now - as it has looked for the last thirty years or so.  I think everyone is supposed to get new work stations, so I'm hoping for places to put things instead of piling them on that stacking file on the corner of my desk.  Yes, that is my camera case sitting on the edge of the desk, but the rest of the stuff is all about working - including the bottle of pop which is required to keep me hydrated while I toil endlessly over a warm computer and a hot calculator!

Here is Poppa reading up on a new piece of equipment that we bought tonight.  Remember me mentioning that Munchie was due to come for a visit for a couple of days, so Mumma and Daddad could get all romantic and go for dinner and a movie?  Well, we decided that it would be easier to transport him if we had a car seat of our own for him to relax in on the way to our house - which takes about an hour and forty minutes.  It seems that this requires some serious reading to figure out the correct installation procedure.  We certainly have to be totally sure that it is installed correctly, so that our little Munchie is safe and secure for the long drive.

So we got the car seat installed (with a little assistance from Kev-Inn).
I bought some extra soothers and boiled them up till they were cooked.  Munchie doesn't need soothers, but he likes to have them around - especially at bedtime.
I stocked up on the kind of food that he seems to favour - although he is starting to indicate a liking for some of our food too.  He is getting so interesting and fun to watch.
I washed the new, warm, fuzzy jammies that I had bought and laid them out all ready for the little guy to climb into for a nice sleep after spending the day playing with Poppa.  I think they will both be tired at the end of the day.  So, I think we're ready - all we need now is our little Munchie to make everything complete.  Tomorrow we're off to kidnap him until Saturday when Mumma and Daddad arrive.

Oh and - surprise, surprise!  I got an e-mail from Auntie Muffy tonight.  She got a new laptop and has some access to the internet.........and I got an e-mail!!!!!  It sounds like she is alive and well and working hard - to pay for the new laptop I guess - Hee!

2 comments:

  1. I love the suckers! Hee! Cute jammies too. And I have to put in my two cents about Squeegie in a plastic bag....He's cute in anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see all the preparations for Munchie's visit.
    Okay, the plastic bag on Squeegie cracked me up.
    Yay for Bernadette being online. I hope she's enjoying life in the North.

    ReplyDelete