Thursday, November 26, 2009

Merry...........?

Since we were not going to be home for Christmas this year - we are leaving for Florida on the 25th of December - Poppa decided that we did not need a tree at all.  We are having our family Christmas dinner on the 20th of December - a week ahead of time - and yes - family includes Munchie!  Munchie is too young really for a tree - he would just try to pull it apart and/or knock it over.

And - we wouldn't have time to take it down before we left...but maybe just a little tiny tree that wouldn't take too long to put up and take down.  They aren't very expensive and some of them are kind of cute and that way at least when Munchie came for Christmas dinner he would see a Christmas tree with presents under it and get the general idea of what Christmas looks like.  Yeah - sure just a little tree.  Oh - maybe not, we really don't need a tree.  We'll just put up the little ceramic tree - that will do.  No - we'd still have to put it away.  If we're going to do that we might as well get a little tiny tree and use that.  Well - maybe not.............do you get the drift?

So what is it that is keeping Taffy and Squeegie so enthralled?  What could they possibly be looking at with such intensity?

I wonder what exactly they see!  Do you think they are watching Poppa put up a tree?  Well I'm sure if that is what they are watching, it is just a small little tree that won't require much time or attention and will be easily packed up and put away before we leave for Florida.  They appear to be very interested in whatever it is that is going on.  Squeegie is too intrigued to even stop and take his jacket off.  And, Taffy has wiggled her way to the edge of the chair to see better.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm posting this next picture for Auntie Colleen as I think she will recognize the person I found standing near my desk today at work.  I had to snap the picture very quickly - and I think he moved a tad while I was snapping, and maybe I had the camera on the wrong setting, because the picture seems a little blurry...........but.............



I won't say who it is until I hear from her to see if she knows who it is - Hee!  Kind of a good looking young man - who I've seen around my workplace for years and years.  He is quite personable and always asks me how Auntie Colleen is doing.  I think his retirement date is getting closer, but he's still there.

Now - it appears that this is what was keeping the attention of the two bears - I'll give you a sneak preview.  I should warn you that I believe it is still unfinished and Poppa will probably be aggravated with me for letting you see it in this state - but here it is anyway....

What do you think??  A nice little tiny tree - right?  Well, Poppa says nothing is too good for little Munchie!  Happy Preparing-For-Christmas Season to all!

1 comment:

  1. It seems that good looking man and his pretty wife were in my living room having tea on the weekend.
    I'm glad there will be a lovely big tree for Munchie to see for Christmas. Loverly.

    ReplyDelete