Friday, April 8, 2011

Last Post From Florida in 2011

As you have already guessed from the title - this is our last day in Florida.  We will be on the road tomorrow morning.  The weather has been so glorious this year, it makes me sad to leave.  Poppa is sitting outside right now, reading his book with his bathing suit on.  I think the plan is to have a swim, go for an early supper, come back and swim some more, then load the suitcases into the car in preparation for the trip back up north.  Sigh!  We remembered to take our "letter" from Munchie off the fridge...
....I folded it carefully and packed it up for the fridge at home.  Poppa found a flower on the hibiscus bush at the front of the villa...the first one this year...
.........spring has sprung all over the place down here!  It is so beautiful and green everywhere.  Last week, Squeegie got all ready, grabbed his clubs...
...helped Poppa put the big clubs in the car....
...and they went for their last trip to the golf course.  While they were gone Taffy sat outside and read her book....
.....and as you can see, she was nearly at the end and got it finished before they returned.

I have five pairs of socks for the next Sock Giveaway and have started the last pair.  For those of you who are interested here is a sneak preview....
..of the five pairs in this group so far.  I should warn you - the last pair is very different, so don't get your mind all set on one of these in case you like the new ones better!  I will be in Canada before the next giveaway....so you can ruminate on these until then.  As soon as I finish that last pair I will post the opening - first come, first serve, as usual - so be prepared!

I will not be posting again until we arrive in Canada.  I just don't want to chance those unsecured networks in hotels along the way.  So........thanks for reading with Poppa, Squeegie, Taffy & I while we were in Florida - more in three or four days!  Hugs to all.

2 comments: