Thursday, December 22, 2011

One Day Later...

We had more pleasant weather during our drive on Friday.  Although it was usually overcast, occasionally the sun would peek through.  The scenery was....
....often breath-taking and always beautiful.  Our ears were popping in and out as we toured up and down the mountainous terrain.  Unfortunately I couldn't capture the height or the depth of those mountains from my seat in the car - but it was a treat to drive through.  Supper-time found us in Darien, Georgia....
.....where the hotel had Christmas decorations shining brightly next to the palm trees!  I used their computer....
....to check my e-mail.  I took this picture from our window....
....this is what fall looks like in Georgia!  About 8am on Saturday morning we pulled out...
...of the parking lot...
....stopped for gas (where soda pop was on sale!)....and, with the TomTom saying we had 2 hours and 38 minutes to the villa, we pointed the car in a south direction and once more headed down the highway.

1 comment:

  1. Like all those mountains. But of course I noticed the artwork in the hotel. Looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete