Friday, February 28, 2014

The Rest of the Girls......

........ at work chose as follows:  Dorothy, our boss - who tries to be patient with us.......
she chose .
Rusty Stripes in Patons Kroy..that slightly heavier yarn - perfect for wearing in winter boots during a particulary severe winter like the one they are having this year.  Shannon who joined us last year as my replacement while I was away and consequently moved to become our new Payroll Clerk.  She was a little shy at first, but is one of the gang now.  She chose....

... the Denim Stripe Socks also in Patons Kroy Sock Yarn.  I had some navy coloured plain yarn which I used for the cuffs.  Skeins of Kroy are a little smaller than most sock yarns, so by doing the cuffs in a contrast I could add a little length to the leg portion of the socks.  That is Shannon hiding behind antlers at the top of the picture!  Then we have....
this pretty little lady
whose name is Saori.  She is a system consultant from Japan sent to improve our new computer system so it works to is topmost ability to help us be more efficient and get our work done more expeditiously and with ease.  She chose Marble Stripe socks in Serenity Sock by Deborah Norville.  This is a finer sock yarn with a soft feel.  Saori is used to Japanese winters and I'm sure she is hating being in Canada right now.    Next up was....
... Laura.  She is lucky enough to be doing my job this year.  I didn't get a chance to meet her before I left, so I hope she likes her Lotus Stripe Socks.  I lost the label for these socks, as I was working on them in the car - and I have no idea which yarn they were made from - Oh Dear!  I just hope she likes them!

Our final participant in the Sock Giveaway of 2014 will be Keiko.  She is away right now on 2 weeks of vacation (I hope she went someplace warm!), so she will choose when she returns.  I am now working on socks for the men.  I have two pairs to be made specially - like Sue's - for taller people.  I started with Uncle Brian since he wanted some new socks last year, but I ran out of time!  I'll share with you as I get them done (of course!).

No comments:

Post a Comment