Friday, May 8, 2015

Old & New

Last year - before we left for Florida - I posted some pictures of myold high (secondary) school being demolished.  For a long time the property sat vacant while the school board got all the approvals and architectural drawings approved by the appropriate authorities.  When we got back from Florida in April...........
.......... we were astonished to see this building already erected on the site!  This is the new school currently being built.  Poppa was kind enough to stop and let me out of the car.........
.......... so I could get some closer shots.  Of course, the security fence was not a great asset to the picture-taking process, but you can get the gist and see the heavy equipment in there, as well as a few workers.  I zoomed in....
........... fro a shot of what I think will become the main entrance to the school, which is on the other side of the school from where it was when I attended classes there.  I walked around the corner to see where the main entrance used to be.....
....... which now looks like this, and when I noticed..............
.......... Poppa was getting ahead of me!  He stopped a little further up the street though, and I caught up to him.  I'll follow up on this as it progresses.  So - new school for our area!  Also, new.....
........... is the bear in the middle!  Squeegie, who is 14 years old, has gone into semi-retirement.  This means he doesn't sleep in my bed at night - he is getting rather grizzled and worn, so in an effort to prolong his active days with Poppa, I decided he should sleep alone at night.  This left a vacant spot in my bed which I needed to fill - so this is Happy!  He quickly made friends with Smoothie & Crunchie and often sits with them during the day while Squeegie is with Poppa.  Sometimes....

......... in Florida, he just sat on the bed and relaxed.  Now that we are back in Canada....
............... he perches at the end of my bed, waiting for me to turn in for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment