Monday, June 29, 2020

The Cottage

The next day we went to "the cottage".  Well - that is what David and Allison call it!  I called it......
... the Mini-Castle.  We saw lots of castles on our tour.  They were all made of this lovely rock and I loved every one of them.  This "colltage" reminded me of those castles from the minute I laid eyes on it!  Just imagine this being your cottage!  Here it is......
.... the front entrance up close - isn't it wonderful?!  The interior....
.... is just as charming!  This is the front entrance from inside - you can see the second inner glass-paned door on the left of the picture - it kept out the draft when the outer door was opened.  Of course, David and Allison have it all fixed up now - so the draft is no more significant than it would be in our homes.
This is the formal living room - see the exposed beam in the ceiling?  It was delightful!
And - featured this beautiful original fireplace - which now has a small (more efficient) wood-burning heater in place - but the beauty of the original is still in much evidence, as you can see!
Out the windows at the front you can see the large lawn area (and the charm of the windows themselves!).
This was "our" room at the mini-castle.  Up some narrow steep stairs, just like the big castles - except, thankfully - not winding, to the second floor.  Poppa loved the wing chair and just sat to rest and admire everything.
I snuck in and took a photo of the master bedroom - just to give you a peek.  We stayed the night there and the next morning I went downstairs before everyone else.  The kitchen in the mini-castle is huge and very modern...
.... as you can see in this picture, and....
.... the other angle....
..... the table was huge and had a beautiful view of the outdoors (and the island is to die for!).
Yes - I'm still in the kitchen.  I sat on this two-seater and did some knitting while I waited for the others to join me.  The whole place is delightful and I really didn't want to leave!  But - before we left.....
.... I took a photo of our kind and generous host and hostess....may I present..... Allison and David our beloved friends in the UK!



1 comment:

  1. Now that's a charming castle cottage. What a treat it must have been to stay there!
    Is that a moose throw on the back of the chair? A touch of Canada!
    How nice to see Allison and David after hearing so many good things about them over the years.

    ReplyDelete