Friday, May 14, 2021

COVID Marches on...and I Knit on!

 

Sorry - this post is the original of the newer one above it.  It did not pass Blogger criteria and I had to change it a bit.  As soon as I had done that they re-instated my account, so.... thank you to the wizards at Blogger!  Since it is a little different than the new version, I decided to re-post this one too!  I hope you all understand and enjoy!

Now for the fun stuff!

I was asked by the staff in the NICU at our hospital, if I could make some angel pockets.  After some research, I made these and sent them over.  They were very pleased and kept them all.  Hopefully they don't get used for a lengthy period of time, but if they do it is okay at my end.  They don't take much yarn or time - and I felt good about being able to contribute.

Poppa is still keeping busy - I took this picture today.  He is repairing some issued created last fall when the paving got done.  As you can see, another owner is out helping him.  That is the same gentleman who helped Poppa with all the spring cleanup work at the golf course.  As you probably know - they still aren't able to golf, so they are filling their time with projects!

Here is another photo of them laboring diligently.  I took this one from a different angle so you could see Poppa's new car!  It is a 2021 Ford Escape Hybrid.  Yes - he bought a hybrid because he had heard good things about them from some of his fellow golfers and thought he should try one.  Result?  He loves it!  It is a nice vehicle - a small SUV which is nice for him when he is working on all his projects - much better mileage - and easier to handle since it is a bit smaller than the Edge, has a nice ride and tons of toys.  For instance - there is no gear shift - just a large button that you turn to shift gears; the wipers start automatically if rain is detected on the windshield (can be turned of for car washing!); not to mention whole lot more, some of which we will probably never use!

I took this picture of Squishie today.  He is waiting for Poppa to take him to buy some grass seed for those repairs Poppa was working on in the previous photo.

While upstairs CharLee and Happy were making plans for the summer.

Taffy and Gracie are waiting patiently for me to finish this blog and get back to our knitting projects.

I still have some of that peach-colored yarn left, so I made this little sweater and plan to make a matching hat.  I haven't made too much baby clothing since the gift shop at the hospital is closed resulting in no movement of goods - so they don't need more yet.

This is my current project.  When it is finished I will post a picture of the entire thing.

And now, my knitting corner awaits - back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment