Sunday, June 13, 2021

A Simple Blanket............

 Do you all remember this blanket??

When I started it, my intention was to send it to the hospital as a baby blanket.  BUT.... it was fun to knit and by the time I got it "finished" it was far too large for a baby.  I asked my little sister if she would like a new blanket since it had been several years since I had last knit one for her.  Much to my delight she said she would love a new blanket.  Then quite nicely she asked if she could have critters on it similar to the tea cozy I made her years ago...my initial response was "No" because the tea cozy was covered in little knitted critters and very intricate.  Instead I offered to put critters on each corner.

So.... I started knitting critters.

And kept on knitting critters.....
..... I found a pattern for Nessie that I just couldn't resist...
.... and decided this was a fantastic way to use up small balls of left-over sock yarn.........so I kept on knitting!  The simple blanket is no longer just a simple blanket!




No comments:

Post a Comment