Monday, August 3, 2009

Some Assembly Required

When Munchie and his parents arrived home after their vacation at Gramma's house, it was decided that they would laze around and watch a couple of movies. Mummum suggested that Munchkin choose a suitable film and they would pop it into the DVD player and chill out. On the off chance that being a movie critic would be a good choice for a future career, our little guy got busy pulling movies off the shelves to check them out.


Meanwhile, Poppa and I were busily checking out store after store in search of the perfect accoutrements for Poppa's project at the front of the house. We had a certain look in mind, and we had some difficulty finding just the right thing. Finally we drove to Barrie, at the suggestion of a helpful fellow in one of the stores we visited. There we happened to find exactly what we were looking for. The price was higher than Poppa had imagined, but that is usually the case when a person is seaching for that certain thing. Squeegie supervised the placement and decreed this was about perfect.

While we were driving around, it occurred to me that out-of-town folks reading this blog (like Mummum or Granny Maureen) might like to see a couple of shots from their home town. I took this as we were headed in a westerly direction.... I wonder if any of those people can tell me where this was taken. And, yes, Auntie Colleen, you can vote too, even though you are in town - Hee! For those of you who are not familiar with our little city, this will give you a glimpse of life north of the big city.

Back at Munchkin's house. He began the long process of getting several movies off the shelves for closer perusal - and he had to stretch to reach the ones on the higher shelves. After sifting through what seemed like a gazillion movies, reading the leaders on the reverse and watching snippets from the short list, he finally made a decision and chose two for viewing. Mummum went off to prepare a movie-watching snack and Daddad hustled to get the seats in all the right places.

Poppa opened the box we had brought home with the little chairs and began the assembly of the pieces he found in there. It only took a few minutes and he had the piece we needed to finish off the ensemble. I had been in the house getting supper ready and when I stepped out into the garage I found him there feeling quite pleased with his efforts and our choice for that special little nook he had worked so painstakingly to create.

Here is Munchie chilling out in front of the TV watching one of the movies he had chosen. I find something particularly endearing about the back of his head.... it must be a grandmother thing. I checked out the screen to see if I could detect what movie he had picked, but I'm not sure I've seen that one..........?????

I finally got that circle sweater to a point where I could spread it out and get a picture for you. I added a bit of lacy edging. I wanted a scalloped edge, but I didn't really get that effect. The edge does look a little lacy and different from the main part of the collar though, so I think it will be all right. I have been debating what colour to use for the sleeves, considered doing it in stripes to match the main part, and haven't quite decided yet - but think I will use the burgundy because that yarn is nice and soft.

Finally, here is the whole bistro set on the brick patio that Poppa laboured so hard on. Squeegie and Taffy thought the whole thing was a great lark to provide them with a special spot all their own. They hopped into the chairs to test them out, and found them to be much more comfortable than they look. Both of them being fond of getting their pictures taken though, they decided to ham for the camera and posed cutely for this shot. (Is cutely actually a word? Oh well, it says what I want to say.) We need some flowers now to dress it up and we will call that project complete.

1 comment:

  1. I love the bistro set, as you knew I would. Sooooo much nicer than plain plastic "stuff" so many people have.

    Uhhhhmmmm, looking at those movie titles, I think it's past time Granma bought CMMM some good ol' fashioned Disney.

    I know the spot! Only I feel like I'm cheating to say it. So, I'll just say that it is going past somewhere my older sister used to work. And where I used to help her. And hey! It was with cards! I think I've just discovered the orgins of my obsession! *g*

    ReplyDelete