Saturday, August 1, 2009

Old News

I found a couple of pictures from the beginning of the month in amongst the slew of photos that Mummum sent once she got her computer working again. A couple of them were just too good to keep to myself. For example, here is Auntie Muffy and Pal. Mummum captured them when they were visiting her during their recent sojourn to our neck of the woods. In view of the fact that their vacation was almost over, they both look pretty happy.



There are also a few shots of Munchie with a monkey on his back. Really - I'm serious! See for yourself. He doesn't seem bothered about it and went about his business as usual. As you can see, he is checking out the box attached to the TV. I have no idea what this box does, but Munchkin checks it out regularly to ensure that it is functioning properly, and fixes it if it is malfunctioning. I can only assume that one of his aspirations may include becoming an electronics repairman - which may not be such a bad idea in this day and age. It seems that the monkey has a long strap, so that Mummum and Daddad can keep track of the little guy as he travels around repairing electronic things (like - ummm - Mummum's computer????).


Following the "Auntie Colleen's Beautiful Garden" series - I absolutely adore the colours in this excellent example of above-mentioned garden. I always imagine Auntie Colleen wandering about in this oasis of beauty, snapping pictures as she goes. It must give her pleasure each and every time to discover one more photogenic target sprouting and blooming in her own space in this gigantic world, which is so often filled with unpleasantness.


The latest circle sweater is growing. I haven't taken a picture since it is so bunched up on the circulars at the moment that it would just look like a giant lump of knitting. As soon as it is possible to lay it out flat I will get a photo. Just like the first one, I am enjoying each round. I have changed colours more often and have managed to cram in a lot of the leftovers from my stash - though I must admit to purchasing two big skeins with colours in them that I loved and just couldn't resist.... oops!

1 comment:

  1. Where to start, where to start...

    What a great shot of Muffy and Pal. I love how happy she looks.

    I never thought a monkey on someone's back could be so adorable but that one sure is.

    Okay, you got me chocked up over the description of my flower. Thank you.

    And that photo is still coming soon...

    ReplyDelete