Sunday, May 2, 2010

So Much

A lot has happened since my last blog.  Munchie came to stay with us for a day.  Then a week later Gramma brought him for another visit.....and we had a nice time with her too!  Great Gramma had another birthday gathering.  Such fun!

When Mommie brought Munchie for his first stay with us, she had to hurry back to the city the same day, so we didn't have much time to visit with her.  And it was soon time for our little visitor to go to bed.  The next morning Poppa left early to go and do some more work on Great Grandma Grace's flower bed, so Munchie & I were here together.  I couldn't take as many pictures as I normally do, since I was in charge of the little guy.  But I did manage to get a few...........after breakfast - while I cleaned up the kitchen and tidied the house, Munchie sat with Pooh and browsed through my Herschnerr's catalog to see if there was anything suitable for Nanna to knit for his little brother (who is due in August).
We went outside for a walk and played in the side yard and checked out the little flowers growing in the flower beds.   He was incredibly gentle with the little plants - he felt them and left them all intact.  After lunch and a nap, Munchie led me to the high chair and asked for help to get in - so I guessed he wanted a snack.  He had a variety of things and seemed to enjoy them all.
Later, we went into town for a visit with Aunt Peggy.  Munchie had a good time there - he got lots of nice treats - and sat like a very good boy while he ate them.   When Munchie and I got home, Poppa was already there - and he took Munchie outside to play while I made supper.  They appeared to have a very good time and Munchie got some exercise walking down to check out Poppa's shed.

Then they checked out the squirrel feeder........Munchie suspected it was empty and on closer inspection, discovered that he was absolutely correct.

When he had made sure that the food was gone, he climbed back out again to tell Poppa about the plight of the poor squirrels.

After all this fun, the boys came in for supper.  After we had eaten we put our little grandson into his pyjamas so he would be all ready for bed when he got home.  Then we strapped him into his car seat and headed back to see Mommie and Daddie.

Mommie and Daddie were glad to see their little fellow again and he was sure happy to see them.

2 comments:

  1. What a great adventure for all involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the squirrel feeder pictures! Well...I love all the pictures, but those ones are especially cute!

    ReplyDelete