Friday, November 19, 2010

Have I Mentioned......

....how much I look forward to leaving the north country and heading to Florida each year?  I took this picture out the back door this morning..........November 19th, 2010.
At least it is melting in the driveway, so Poppa shouldn't have to shovel it - but our walk to the coffee shop isn't going to be as much fun as usual!

We went to visit Munchie and Cujee on Wednesday - just to see them. Everyone was doing just fine.    Munchie came racing down the hall to meet us.  Poppa scooped him up quickly and Munchie wrapped his arms around Poppa's neck and declared "I miss you Poppa".  This was a new sentence for us, and we were both impressed by his eloquence.  We went for a walk to the mall - and when I tried to get a picture of the little people in the double stroller that Aunt Tricia kindly let Mommee borrow - we discovered that it has reflective strips on it for good visibility......awesome!
It was kind of chilly outside so before we left we made sure Cujee was bundled up nice and warm.......I adore this outfit - especially the little tail!
See Mommee with her little teddy bear - actually - Munchie calls his little brother "Curtis-Mouse" when he wears this outfit - Hee!  It looks equally cute from the front........

Anyway with both little boys bundled up appropriately off we went.
Munchie insisted on wearing his new winter boots and clumped along in the mall.  Eventually we returned home and Poppa spent some time with the boys and I convinced them all to sit still for a moment while I got a picture.
Shortly thereafter Munchie declared himself ready for a nap......and so we headed back to Poppa's house.  When we arrived there, Squeegie was tired from the long drive and took a nap in Cujee's swing.

He has always loved that swing - since way back when Munchie used to sleep in it - about two years ago!

Meanwhile, back at knitting central.  I finished that last piece of baby tear lace this morning, and started a new one from the Nicky Epstein book.

And as promised - here is a picture of the pullover I started for the little fellow in New York.  These are the sleeves.  I wanted it to match up with the rest of his layette, so I am using the cream as the main colour with stripes of the confetti blue to match the overalls.  These are the arms.
The lighting in my knitting area is focused on my chair and capturing the colours is difficult - but this gives you an idea.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh I thought something was wrong with my computer until I read that the strollers had reflectors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first glance, I thought Annie must have got a dog. Too funny. How adorable!
    Love that lace.
    I thought those were Star Wars strollers *g*.

    ReplyDelete