Sunday, December 26, 2010

Here We Go!

Today Poppa took down the Christmas tree....
...and put everything back into its place in the parlour.  Then he took the wreath off the front door...
... and then he headed outside, where he packed away the polar bears and took all the lights off the house.
As you can see - I took this picture from inside.  It was chilly out there!  Besides, while he was doing that I made sure everything we needed was in the suitcases....
.....and packed various bags with yarn, books and other necessities....
..... as well as a few important things that I wanted to go on top of everything else, so that I could be sure to reach them when I needed them..... you know..... snacks, cameras and documentation!
Once we had a sufficient amount of our tasks accomplished, we headed over to Aunt Peggy's to make one last supper for her before we leave for Florida.
Goodness - Poppa looks so tall beside her!  On our way back home we stopped at New York Fries for our supper.  Now Poppa is loading the car while I write a blog. Guess I'd better go and see if I can help him! 

We will be on our way bright and early tomorrow morning - hopefully be on the road by 7a.m.  Watch the blog for a post on nights I can get the internet - if I can I will let you know where we are...and perhaps some kind reader can contact Great Grandma Grace and Aunt Peggy and let them know our location??  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment