Saturday, July 21, 2012

Critters....

... if you had a lot of critters sitting around your house - what would you do with them?  Would you like a jungle theme?  Or would you prefer a farm country scene?  Auntie Colleen wanted a smaller tea cozy for her "everyday" teapot.  When I asked if I could do something besides flowers (just for a change), she quietly said "Animals?".  How could I say "No"? Hence the menagerie you saw in my last post.  I got carried away once I started and then had to try to conceive of a method to attach 3-D handknit and stuffed critters to a tea cozy!  I spent nearly two months creating all those little critters, and.....

 then had to attach them which was actually more difficult than knitting them.  But eventually I did manage to get that done.  Recently Auntie Colleen was here for a family meeting - so I presented her with the finished cozy...
.... she seemed quite pleased.  She hadn't indicated what kind of critter she wanted.... so I went looking at critter patterns and I couldn't decide either - oh dear!  So, after two months with Uncle Shaun having to use a substitute teapot (luckily they found one he liked at the GoodWill store!) I finally did this..........
...... a wild bunch of safari animals on one side.... and.....
...... a herd of farm country critter on the other side.  I'm so glad..........
........that she was happy with it!  

1 comment:

  1. It's a jungle out there! *g*
    This is an exquisite tea cozy. Everyone who sees it is blown away. I love it madly!

    ReplyDelete