Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Zoo, A Visit and A Breakfast

Does this look like a zoo to you?
How many animals can you identify??  You want another angle - oh all right then, here..
... I'll tell you in a minute what all these animals are doing here.  In the meantime, a couple of weekends ago (time flies, I meant to post much sooner!) Munchie and Curtie came for a visit.  They brought along Mommy and Daddy of course, and we had a great weekend with them.  Unfortunately, they kept me so busy that my pictures are somewhat limited.  As usual, Poppa and the boys had a good time.....
..... they all played pretend - one of Munchie's favourite things, and Curtie is learning quickly.  I actually don't have a face-on picture of Munchie (maybe next time!), but I did get a cute shot of Curtie when he was trying to see what I was doing on my computer.
The lighting isn't so great, but I love the picture.  Poppa is going to Munchie's house today and bringing him back for a visit - all by himself.  He is going to stay for a couple of days, and Poppa will take him home on Thursday.  I'll try to get a good picture of him then.  I have more time when I only have one little boy here!  Now, closer in time, last Saturday we were invited out for breakfast at Uncle Ernie's "cottage".  A few years ago, Uncle Ernie and Aunt Lynda decided to "park" their fifth-wheeler.  They chose a beautiful spot about an hour and 10 minutes north.  Poppa had been there several times to help Uncle Ernie with some chores, but I hadn't had the opportunity.  What a perfect place to be on a hot summer day!  First, an inside peek at the trailer.....
........ here is Aunt Lynda relaxing in the sitting area - notice that outside the windows everything is green and leafy - it was such a beautiful and cool place to relax.  I took a peek into the bedroom...
.... glanced at the eating area .....
....... and we headed out to see what the men were up to.... we found them....
.... and found them sitting in a shady spot chatting happily - but wondering when breakfast was coming.  Aunt Lynda made breakfast on the barbeque and we ate in their outdoor dining room....
.....where Poppa was the first one to have a seat!  After breakfast we walked to the beach...
.. which looked extremely inviting - but no, we didn't go swimming.  What did we do?  Well I'd love to tell you, but I'm out of time.  I must get out the door soon and head to work!  So I will finish the story later, and leave you with a hint of what became of all those animals at the beginning of this post...
... and now I'm off to work!  Later folks!

1 comment:

  1. Wait! There are two dashing strangers on the end there. Dare I say a weasel and a rat? I bet they'd look great with a cat, dog and purple hippo with a pink tummy! Just sayin' *g*
    The trailer is gorgeous, rivaled only by the location. Nice.
    The kids are adorable. It was nice to meet Munchie while he was here.

    ReplyDelete