Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Little More....

....stuff to share with you.  Autumn is falling in our yard too....
... and our not-quite-mighty-yet oak tree is putting on a lovely show.  As you can see some of the trees are almost bare, while others are still mostly green.  The countryside looks beautiful.  Meanwhile, this cooler weather we have been experiencing has put Taffy in a mood for.....
... cooking.  Here she is brewing up a new recipe she found for Macaroni and Cheese - one of her favourite foods!  She has one of her new shirts on and actually a new pair of blue jeans too, but they are behind the bowl - oops!  She has cream cheese and dry mustard there - I hope her Macaroni and Cheese turns out tasty.  While we're talking about Taffy....... she loves to surf the internet and she recently discovered another blog that she is enjoying immensely.  The biggest reason for her affinity for this particular blog is....
... this little fellow!  His name is Bear and is a travelling bear.  He lives in New York with his fond keeper, but can frequently be found touring the streets and shops of Paris, France.  Taffy and I love reading this blog - and I'm sure you would enjoy it too - it can be found at parisbreakfasts.blogspot.ca - check it out and you can follow the escapades of Bear and his keeper.  She is an artist who paints whimsical interpretations of almost anything she sees - and they are beautiful.  The best part is - you can actually contact her and acquire one of her paintings - and from time to time - follow her blog - and you will get special offers on some of her favourite topics.  As you can see Bear is packed and ready to head off to Paris shortly!  Speaking of exotic places - here is a photo of....
.. an exotic flower.  This is an orchid that Auntie Cecile bought for Gramma Grace for her birthday.  The blooms are gorgeous and I couldn't resist snapping a picture!  And growing things brings me to this picture....
... we captured this little tyke sitting in a pile of autumn leaves across the road from Aunt Peggy's house.  Notice big brother in the background - he was on a "time-out" for exuberantly knocking over his little brother while playing in the leaves!  And, while Taffy was cooking up her macaroni and cheese I got busy taking pictures of the scarves for the church bazaar.  After one fuzzy scarf and one lacy scarf, I opted for....
... a combination for the third scarf.  The colour in the photo is not good - the blue is actually more of a royal blue and is quite rich looking - but I just couldn't find the right setting to get the colour perfect - so use your imagination.  I am fond of that fur yarn, so next....
... I tried mixing some of the balls from my stash for a different look.  What do you think?  I was happy with the result.  The combination of colours in this one got me thinking about some other yarn in my stash - resulting in this....
... wavy stripe in a traditional feather and fan pattern.  Poppa liked this one best.  But, I only have until next Friday before it is time to take my stuff to the church (the bazaar is on Saturday), so I think when I finish the one I am currently working on - that will be all for this year.  I'll post a picture of it next time - when it is completed.  Back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Bear! I love Bear! And Biff. But you didn't show Biff???
    Oak trees may be my favourites.
    Taffy's new t-shirt is quite fetching. hee.
    Mum's orchid is so beautiful.
    The little guy in the leaves is cuuuuuute.
    More warm reasons to go to the bazaar. I like them very much.

    ReplyDelete