Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Quickly.....

.... a couple of pics for you.....
........ our little men were visiting two weekends ago..... Munchie and Poppa had a great time playing together with all the little cars and the big truck, while Daddy chilled and ......
.... watched some football on the TV.  Mommy and Curtis were upstairs and not on this camera.  I'm hoping I got some pictures of them on the other camera, but I haven't download it yet.  On another front, I have finally finished Munchie's blanket.....
.... here it is spread out on my 3/4 (48") bed.  The detail looks like this....
.... and I added a border because I didn't like the knitted edges.  The yarn is a slubbed acrylic/cotton mix and it produced an uneven edge.....
.... so I made this simple border which pleased me much more.  Every time Munchie has been up since I started it, he asks "Is this for me?".  Happily he can now have it.  I was working on frogging the sleeves on an old sweater of Aunt Peggy's - so I could make the sleeves shorter for her.  It is a tedious job because the sweater is machine-knit and therefore is not un-ravelling like a hand-knit sweater would.  This means each stitch has to be picked out - I'll probably still be working on it when we head for Florida!  Anyway, in the meantime, it is time for the annual church bazaar and I have nothing to send this year....so I am making a few scarves - they knit up quickly.  I haven't got pictures yet....next blog!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful blanket! That doesn't look like a "simple" border to me. What a wonderful present for Munchie. It looks like the bear family love it too. It looks quite good on that bed.
    And awwwww for the photo of Munchie and Poppa. And Jeff does look chilled and comfy.

    ReplyDelete