Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Little Post.....

..... with just a few matters of interest.  We were at Munchie's on his birthday for a brief visit...just long enough to watch him blow out his candles....
... but in the excitement I missed the moment.  When they were all blown out (which he did an excellent job on), Little Smiley supervised the removal of the candles from the cake (and he may have sampled the icing on the tip of his finger).  Munchie got more presents - mostly clothes from his grandparents - and something called a DS from Mommy and Daddy.  It is one of those hand-held game devices so popular with the little folk these days.  Once he had opened his DS he was occupied with it for the rest of our visit.  Needless to say - Poppa was with him and they were both learning how to play.  It is amazing how quickly little people learn how to use those electronic game devices - including Munchie!  Meanwhile....
... we had a birthday party for Taz at work.  It started with pizza and wings and ended with this cake.  A couple of weeks later, just before his Mom returned to Japan, we had a little gathering to honour her visit to Canada....
... in the Training Center since the group was larger.  Then there was the day when the power was out due to a change of an electrical transformer to supply power to the new building being constructed ...
.... during those hours our computers weren't working, and the lights were off - and here is Kev-Inn demonstrating how stressful that was for all of us!  Outside....
... while there is still a fair amount of green, most of our trees are wearing their autumn colours.  I wonder if Auntie Colleen recognizes this scene??  More recently we had another birthday at work...
... this time it was Lucy wearing the birthday hat!  And of course...
... I have been working on those scarves for the annual church bazaar.  This is the first one I finished, then....
... I thought I would try something different.  More to follow....

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I recognize where that photo was taken. I like it!
    I like that red cowboy hat, too.
    But the two boys are the best of all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I meant to say ... lovely scarfs; I think I might have to go to the church bazaar.

    ReplyDelete