Friday, October 26, 2012

Some Good, Some Not So Good

I found Poppa doing this the other day....
... he was washing out my Zip-Loc bags.  When I asked him why, he said that with the weather getting cooler, he was starting to prepare for our winter in Florida - where he does the dishes and cleaning up after meals.  Oh my goodness - only two months until we will be heading south!  Later he went out to rake leaves.  I thought that would make a nice picture for the blog so I went out to look for him....
... I noticed that the birch tree still had lots of leaves to come down, even though there were already lots underneath it.  I found....
.. this little fellow scampering around searching for food to place in his winter stash..... there were lots of leaves around, but I didn't find Poppa anywhere???  I wonder where he went???  Oh well, I did receive some news from Mommy......
.. another career consideration for Munchie!  Here he is in his cowboy outfit!  Actually he had been invited to a birthday party where the theme was "princesses and cowboys", so he got dressed for the part!  And, as delightful as he looks in that picture, he did take his role very seriously....
...as you can see!  I hope he had a good time at the party!  Meanwhile, I decided that if Poppa was preparing for Florida, then perhaps I should too....
... I had a nice plastic container that I had planned to use for carrying my yarn for a sock giveaway - but I soon discovered that the yarn would not all fit, so I had to leave some in plastic bags - imagine that!  On another front... Great Gramma is in the hospital.  Poppa got a phone call on Tuesday shortly after supper time.  She has had a heart attack, which is made worse by the fact that she also has viral pneumonia and an infection of unknown origin.  She is being treated for all those things and we are anticipating her release in the next couple of days.  Both Poppa and Auntie Denise thought she seemed quite tired yesterday, but I think it will take some resting in order for her to return to her usual self.  I'll keep you as up-to-date as possible.
But, I still haven't found Poppa!

1 comment:

  1. We are sending healing wishes to Great Gramma. I do hope she recovers soon.
    The photos are wonderful. That is one serious and handsome young cowboy. The yarn looks good too *g*.

    ReplyDelete