Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Welcome!

When we arrived at the villa there was a lovely surprise awaiting us....
.......... this plant and two bottles of wine.  We are saving the wine for an appropriate dinner.  I am tracking the plant and will keep you up-to-date on its progress.  The picture above was taken on Jan. 6th.  Squeegie and Taffy.....

...... have settled in nicely and are already watching the Disney Junior channel.  I have established ......
 ...knitting central in the Pooh room.... and......
... Poppa is already doing little tasks around the villa.... but that can be a long story... so more on it later.  And what have I been doing?  Well, last year on the way home from Florida I started a pair of socks for Kev-Inn.  My intentions were to have them finished in October for hunting season - but alas, I just didn't seem to have enough time.  Guess what!  I finally....
.... finished them.  Blue is his favourite colour and he loves hand-knit socks, so I hope it brings him a smile.  Speaking of folks who love hand-knit socks..... Auntie Colleen was telling me a rather funny story about socks.  Back home in Canada winter has arrived and the weather is chilly.  As you probably know, she always participates in the sock give-away each year and she must have lots of my hand-knit socks by now.  However, in the fall - when the weather was cool she thought wool socks might be a tad too warm, so she chose a nice pair of store-boughts and put them on.  At the end of the day she had developed a blister where that toe seam had rubbed on her foot and then subsequently developed an in-grown toenail!  Oh Dear!  Due to diabetes, she must take very good care of her feet so........she threw away all her store-bought socks and kept all her hand-knit socks.  Okay - I think - she will need socks for sure now!  I should mention that during the summer Auntie Colleen and I had visited the local yarn shop and she had chosen some yarn for a pair of socks - which, I never had time to make before we left for Florida.  And.....
......this demonstrates the difference in my life when I am in Florida....here are her new socks.  I love the colours - she did a great job of choosing yarn.  It is Patons Kroy sock yarn and I love it!

1 comment: