Friday, January 4, 2013

Where To Start?????

Hello Everyone!  We are finally at the villa!  I was off-line for a while, since my hard drive crashed last summer - I lost the information to connect to the wireless at the villa.  I wasn't worried because I had the password written on a piece of paper in my computer bag - but, alas, when I tried it I had no luck.  Fortunately David (the owner of our villa) was on-line today (he is in Miami - heading back to the UK tomorrow), and he kindly re-sent it to me.  As it turned out, when we wrote it down - one of the figures was incorrectly recorded.  But, as you can see - all is well now.  So......let me see, I believe I finished off...........
.....with the little boys at our house.  This is Little Smiley helping me make breakfast on the last day of their visit.  We also had....
.... Aunt Peggy and Aunt Jeannie out for dinner one evening.  When we were all finished with our company.....
.....and Poppa was satisfied that everything in the house was clean........
........ and our shopping (while doing that, we found one more abandoned coffee cup) was done..........
... we set out on Christmas Day in the rain.  Of course, we stopped in....
.... to see Munchie opening presents (he had a LOT!)....
... Little Smiley didn't even take time to get dressed  before he rushed out for the big event.  Both little boys had a lot of great stuff, and they were both in high gear!  After a pleasant visit with them, we were once again on the road, heading south.  We reached Dayton, OH and stopped for the night.  The next morning when we got up the weather was fine, so we drove on down the highway in spite of blizzard warnings on the TV.  Before long.....
...the blizzard caught up to us. This picture doesn't truly reflect the actuality of it.  There were cars, trucks and vans in the ditches and/or piled up all over the place.  Thanks to Poppa's careful and expert driving, we continued and drove out of the worst of it after about three hours.  That night we stopped just south of Atlanta, GA in a little town called Stonebridge.
As you can tell by this photo, we were all tired and after a yummy supper at an Asian buffet, we called it quits for the day.

1 comment:

  1. Another in the Abandoned series! Christmas looks like fun. Good to hear about the trip. Glad you got through the storm alright.

    ReplyDelete